Inverted aeropress (video)

Inverted aeropress
My sweet friends got me an AeroPress for my birthday a couple months ago and it kinda changed my life. I've always made french press at home but this makes far and away the best cup of coffee you could make at home (or at shop, really!). It makes a smooth, rich cup that is SIMILAR to an americano or espresso drink. It's super quick too, usually 2 minutes from beginning to end. I've even hooked my family and friends on it. And now I sound like an infomercial but I swear i'm not, i just like it a whole lot. There a couple different ways to brew aeropress coffee and I've tried them all and this was my favorite.. so i filmed it! I shot and edited it completely alone (which was harder than it sounds) so please forgive my hair falling into the shot. We'll just call that artsy.. or something! 

It's affordable and you can get it from amazon here! Watch the video below and let me know what you think: 

Inverted aeropress from Abi Porter on Vimeo.

Inverted aeropress
Inverted aeropress


Instructions:
Weigh out 20 grams of whole beans. Grind it a bit finer than filter drip (but not espresso fine)
Use the funnel to transfer the grinds to the aeropress. Pour hot water (200-205degrees or just a little cooler than boiling) into the aeropress going about half way up and start a 60 second timer. After thirty seconds, give it a stir and place the plunger on. After 60 seconds, press the plunger down for 30 seconds. Remove the aeropress, open the cap and push out the filter and grounds (easy clean up!). 
I always add a touch more water or half and half, since it makes a pretty strong cup but its also great without it. Try it both ways!

inverted aeropress(fixed)
Inverted aeropress
Inverted aeropress
p.s. Making videos is my new obsession... i just love it so much. And I hope you'll enjoy it too!
Share this article :
+
Previous
Next Post »