Lavender latte (with homemade syrup)

Lavender Latte

Lavender Syrup

Lavender Syrup

Lavender Latte

I sorta kinda like lavender a whole lot. If there is something on any menu with lavender, chances are I'll be getting it... lemonade, cookies, ice cream, chocolate, ect. But lavender lattes are probably my favorite. I don't order lattes very often at coffee shops (hello, that gets expensive) and most of the time the lavender is too subtle so I had been meaning to make my own lavender syrup for over a year and I just finally got around to it. It's perfect in a latte (or your regular coffee/cream) and I'm also looking forward to using it to make a lavender hot chocolate for the christmas season.

To make the syrup:
Mix equal parts sugar and water in a pot over medium heat until sugar has dissolved (I used 1 cup each). Add in 3 tablespoons dried lavender and simmer for one minute. Remove from heat and let steep for 30-60 minutes, depending on how strong you want the flavor. I think I did mine for about 45 minutes. Strain the buds out using a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Store the syrup in the refrigerator for up to a month.

To make a latte with the syrup:
Heat up 1/2-3/4cup of milk and a tablespoon of lavender syrup and whisk until frothy. I poured the milk over a double aeropress "shot" and topped with the milky foam. It's not high class but it does the job perfectly!
Share this article :
+
Previous
Next Post »